five friday things
No recipe chat today, but a few things are causing me to make a squealy-face this week and I wanted to share:
1. We're moving to a new apartment! This weekend!! And our new place has double the square footage of our current apartment at the same price!!! Holy shit!!!!!!!! This is San Francisco renter magic, and I'm not even a little bit kidding. I still don't know how we got so lucky, but I've been knocking on all the wood lately because NO JINX. I'm super excited, but also hate moving. But mostly excited. I can't wait to show you my new kitchen!
2. These thoughtfully crafted pies and the brilliant, femme-focused newsletter that they come in are the highlight of my Friday. Even better, the badass lady behind them is one half of my favorite podcast.
3. I added an About Me page just in case you're one of the few readers who isn't Emmie or my mom and want to know a thing or two about me. (Hi Emmie, hi Mama! Y'all read it too though, okay?)
4. After the last one of my high price, low quality wine glasses bit the dust a couple weeks ago, I ordered a set of these wine tumblers. They're super cute and casual, and perfect for weeknight wine drinking while recipe testing, which basically describes my entire life. Bonus: They were designed by wine chugger/writer extraordinaire, Marissa A. Ross, whose blog has taught me almost everything I know about wine. A celebratory Ross Test might be in order! Though, err, that kind of defeats the purpose of the tumblers. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5. I sent a batch of the cream cheese chocolate chip cookies pictured above with Cos to work yesterday in celebration of his coworker Laura's birthday! (The celebrations continued last night and I perhaps did a little too much celebrating. Praise hands that today is a half day.) Laura gets a special blog shout out because she saved Cos' birthday back in May by throwing him an awesome, low-key party, complete with cupcakes, while I was basically only good for keeping the couch warm on account of the evil that is h pylori. HBD and mad props, Laura!
That's all for today, back with a recipe soon!